Testnet Terms of Service
Acceptance of Service Terms
By confirming your acceptance of these Service Terms, you agree to be bound by these Service Terms on your own behalf. If you are duly authorized by a corporate entity, you agree on behalf of your corporate entity that it will be bound by these Service Terms. In each case, these Service Terms form part of the Agreement). If you do not agree to these Service Terms, you shall not access or use the Services.
General Terms of Service
- Eligibility. You must be over the age of 18 years to use the Services. You may use the Services on your own behalf or as duly authorized by a corporate entity. If you are duly authorized by a corporate entity, the corporate entity must be duly constituted, organized, and validly existing under the laws of the country of its incorporation with full rights, licenses, and permits to conduct businesses in its jurisdiction. We may, at our discretion, impose any other eligibility criteria or conditions for any Service or any user as we deem appropriate.
- Restrictions. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to block, prevent, or restrict any user from using any Service as we deem appropriate. In particular, we may block, prevent, or restrict access to and use of any Service by any known or suspected criminals or any person from any country that is involved or implicated in any sanctions program in any jurisdiction. To the extent permitted by laws, we may also adopt any access blocking or access restriction mechanisms, such as IP address geo-blocking, for any Service as we deem fit.
- Supporting Documents. We may require any person or corporate entity to provide any supporting documents, including but not limited to national ID card, passports, and business registration certificates. We may also require any person or corporate entity to go through identity authentication, verification, or due diligence processes as we deem appropriate. Before we enable any user to access or use any Service or as a condition to continue use of any Service.
- Prohibited Use. You shall not:
- Upload, submit, or transmit any content that is illegal, infringing, harmful, offensive, or inappropriate in our opinion;
- Engage in any conduct that offends, interferes with, obstructs, or otherwise creates any unpleasant experience of other users of any Service;
- Circumvent or attempt to circumvent any access or functionality restrictions or limitations that are operational in relation to any Service;
- Use any Services in any illegal activity or in the furtherance of any illegal activity;
- Permit anyone other than your authorized users (to be notified to us) to use any Service under your account or on your behalf;
- Place any unreasonable load on the site, or engage in any network or system attacks (including but not limited to denial of service [DoS] attacks, distributed denial of service [DDoS] attacks, or brute force attacks) against any of the systems or networks that support or operate any Services;
- Engage in any behavior that may interfere with the proper operation and functioning of any Services;
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or involved in the administration, operation, development, or management of our Services;
- Use bots or other automated means or methods to access or use our Services;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher, or otherwise attempt to derive any non-public information or materials related to the Services and the associated software, system, or other technologies;
- Access or attempt to access any source code for any Service; or
- Attempt to do any of the foregoing.
- Analytics. By accessing and using our Services, you understand and accept that we may (or a third party may on our behalf) monitor and analyze your activities, and use, extract, copy, and disseminate any of your data and materials, whether now or in the future. This will help us conduct research, analytics, tests, and future developments in relation to our Services and any other applications, systems, networks, databases, services, or products, as well as create future commercial services and products. You agree that you will not make any claims of any nature whatsoever in relation to the foregoing, including disputing our ability to monitor and analyze your activities and use, extract, copy and disseminate your data and materials or transferring your data and materials to a third party for such purpose.
- Ownership and IP Rights. We retain all ownership, right and title (present and future) in and to any data, information, content, or any other materials related to our Services, including all derivative works thereof, that are created, written, published, or delivered by us or by a third party on our behalf.
- Updates. We may make any improvement, modifications or updates to our Services, including but not limited to changes and updates to the underlying software, infrastructure, security protocols, technical configurations or service features (the “Updates”) from time to time. Your continued access and use of our Services are subject to such Updates and you shall accept any patches, system upgrades, bug fixes, feature modifications, or other maintenance work that arise out of such Updates. We are not liable for any failure by you to accept and use such Updates in the manner specified or required by us.
- Service Period. We may prescribe any length of service period as we deem appropriate for any Service.
- Termination. We may terminate your access to or use of our Services at any time without notice to you if we believe, in our sole discretion, that you have breached, or may breach, any term of condition of these Service Terms, or for our convenience. Termination of these Service Terms does not affect our rights, which may have accrued prior to the date of termination or the coming into, or continuance in, force of any provision which is expressly or by implication intended to come into or continue to be in force on or after termination.
Testnet Specific Terms
- Platform-as-a-Service. Testnet is an internet-based blockchain testing platform provided as a free service for the purpose of enabling software developers to test blockchain applications on an EOSIO-based blockchain in a non-production environment. Subject to your acceptance and compliance with the Agreement (including these Service Terms), you may use Testnet on a non-assignable, non-transferrable basis solely for your personal use for software testing and engineering purposes. If you access Testnet through your computer’s command line interface or other similar method, these Service Terms apply to you.
- Excluded Services. Testnet does not provide you with any of the following:
- Confidential access to or use of any private blockchain;
- Customised modification or configuration of Testnet for your particular needs or purposes; or
- Support or assistance in the development and use of your own applications, systems, software or hardware.
- Discrete Environment. Testnet is a discrete blockchain and information technology environment and is separate from other public or private EOSIO-based blockchains and networks operated by us or any third parties. The features of Testnet may be different from such blockchains. You must read, understand, and familiarise yourself with the relevant Service Specifications (as defined below) for Testnet and understand the differences between Testnet and other EOSIO-based blockchains and networks.
- Accounts. You need to register for a Developer Account to use Testnet, after which you will be allocated with a number of associated blockchain accounts to interact with the Testnet blockchain (“Testnet Accounts”). We may grant additional Testnet Accounts to you in our sole discretion upon your request. We may at any time and in our sole discretion reduce the number of Testnet Accounts allocated to your Developer Account. You shall not authorise any third party to access or use your Developer Account or Testnet Accounts without our consent.
- Public Keys and Private Keys.The public keys and private keys for Testnet are not secret or known only by you because we also store, control and maintain copies of these keys. All public keys and private keys of Testnet are for use in Testnet only and cannot be used in any other blockchains. We may impose any rules, restrictions, or policies relating to your use of the public keys and private keys any time as we deem necessary.
- Service Specifications. Your access to and use of Testnet is subject to any service specifications, including but not limited to the feature descriptions, product documentation, application or machine requirements, support and security policies applicable to Testnet from time to time, including any updates thereto (“Service Specifications”). You shall review these Service Specifications and use Testnet in accordance with the Service Specifications.
- No Voting. We are the sole block producer on Testnet and you may not register as, or apply to become, a block producer and there are no voting mechanisms that are similar to those in other EOSIO-based public blockchains.
- Suspension and Termination. We may suspend or terminate the operation of Testnet at any time for any reason. We may also wipe, delete or reset the Testnet blockchain or launch a new Testnet blockchain any time as we deem appropriate, without notice to you.
- Visibility of Blockchain Data. Given the public nature of blockchain technology, anything that you deploy in the Testnet blockchain enters the public domain and is potentially visible to any person. You shall ensure that you only enter data onto the Testnet blockchain that is permitted to be disclosed publicly and is not confidential or subject to any confidentiality obligation or undertaking.
- Support. You may contact us through our customer support for assistance with issues that you have with your use of Testnet, but we do not provide any service level commitments with respect to any of our customer service, troubleshooting, or Updates relating to the Services.
- Equipment. You shall procure your own hardware, software and other resources for accessing and using Testnet. You are responsible for ensuring that your hardware, software and other resources are compatible with the system or software requirements of Testnet and you shall ensure that such equipment will not cause any harm, damage, or threat to the systems, security, and resources of Testnet.
- Acceptable Use. You must only use Testnet for testing and engineering purposes and in accordance with these Service Terms and all applicable laws and regulations. You shall not, and shall not permit any person to:
- Use Testnet for live deployment or creation of applications, tokens or transactions as though it were a production or similar environment;
- Use Testnet to conduct or accept funds transfer transactions or for other payment services;
- Use Testnet for commercial purposes or in exchange for any consideration;
- Use Testnet to develop or test any code, software, or other systems and applications that are related to or implicated in any illegal, abusive, offensive, or inappropriate (in our opinion) activity or organization;
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell, re-sell, or otherwise monetize any Testnet Tokens (as defined below) in any manner;
- Use Testnet to create any non-temporary token, or conduct or promote any token sale, initial coin offering or other similar conduct; or
- Attempt to do any of the foregoing.
- License. You hereby grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable, sub-licensable, and transferrable license to use and display any content, data, information, or materials that you upload or submit to us or to Testnet.
- Testnet Tokens. Your use of Testnet involves the use of the digital support tokens of Testnet (“Testnet Tokens”).
- Allocation. Upon your successful registration of a Developer Account, you will be allocated an initial amount of Testnet Tokens. We may allocate additional Testnet Tokens to you at our sole discretion upon your request. We may at any time vary the number of Testnet Tokens to be allocated to you or revoke or restrict your ability to use any of your Testnet Tokens.
- Usage. Testnet Tokens may only be used for Testnet system resources, such as RAM, bandwidth and CPU in accordance with EOSIO software protocols. Any Testnet Tokens allocated to you must only be used by you and not by any third party. All Testnet Tokens can be used solely for Testnet within the Testnet environment and you shall not use any Testnet Tokens or Testnet in any manner that increases your allocation or consumption of Testnet resources to the detriment of other users.
- Temporary in Nature. All Testnet Tokens are temporary in nature and can only be used for a limited period of time that is stipulated by us. We also reserve the right to void any Testnet Tokens allocated to any user any time as we wish.
- Value. Testnet Tokens have no monetary value and cannot be exchanged for cash, cash equivalent, or other tokens or cryptocurrencies. You shall not attach any value to any Testnet Token and you are prohibited from using any Testnet Tokens for any purposes other than to access and use Testnet. Without limitation, you must not, and must not permit any person to, trade Testnet Tokens with any third party for any purpose, make Testnet Tokens available for trade on any cryptocurrency exchange, offer Testnet Tokens for rent, lease, sale, or trade in any manner, or attempt to do any of the foregoing; and
- Modification. We may from time to time add, modify, or remove any feature, functionality, or usability of any Testnet Token.